ENTERING CANADA FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES FROM ANY COUNTRY
When visiting Canada for business purposes, you’ll need to consider the following:
- Covid travel restrictions for foreign nationals travelling to Canada
- Entry and proof requirements for fully vaccinated travellers
- Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA)
- Visa requirements
A. Find out if you can travel to Canada
Fully vaccinated foreign nationals may be allowed to enter Canada for non-essential travel starting on September 7, 2021.
To enter on September 7, 2021 or later:
– You must be fully vaccinated.
– Most recent Covid-19 vaccine dose is at least 14 days before the day you plan to enter Canada.
Accepted vaccines by the Government of Canada:
– Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
– Moderna (mRNA-1273)
– AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD (ChAdOx1-S, Vaxzevria, AZD1222)
– Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
Exemptions for Fully Vaccinated Traveller:
If you qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption, you are exempt from:
– Day-8 testing requirement
B. Entry and Proof Requirements for Fully Vaccinated Travellers
Steps to Follow for Your Trip:
– Business travellers may need an eTA, which costs $7.00 (Cdn).
Also see Immigration and Citizenship for further information on visa requirements.
For further information, please contact Helen Hemmingsen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The above website links were valid on September 14, 2021.
- I am not an immigration lawyer, and highly recommend that any companies seek independent legal counsel about entering into Canada as a business visitor.